‘Tell Us Once is a service that lets you report a death to most government organisations in one go.’
According to gov.uk
Tell Us Once will notify:
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) – for personal not business tax.
- Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) – to cancel benefits and entitlements, for example Universal Credit or State Pension.
- Passport Office – to cancel a British passport.
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) for some matters.
- the local council – to cancel Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, a Blue Badge, inform council housing services and deal with the electoral register
- Veterans UK – to cancel Armed Forces Compensation Scheme payments
Tell Us Once will also contact some public sector pension schemes so that they cancel future pension payments. They’ll notify:
- My Civil Service Pension
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Armed Forces Pension Scheme
- pension schemes for NHS staff, teachers, police and firefighters in Scotland
- local authority pension schemes that participate in Tell Us Once
Click on the link below for full details.
If you have been asked to be someone’s executor, the Verat Executor app can help you hold conversations with the will writer. It is a place where you can store the information you may need when using the Tell Us Once service. The Verat Executor app is available on The App Store and Google Play.